Sunday, November 1, 2015

Assignment #4

my notes on episode 1150: Avoiding topics in conversation
1. go out with:to dating someone
2. change the subject: to tell something else
3. love life:a person relationship
4. you're not getting any younger and...:may soon be too old to do something
5. moving on:to stop talking one thing ; try to talking another thing
6. setting down:to get married;make family
7. alone:by yourself
8. lonely:feel sad
9. that reminds me:suddenly thought of something
10.break up with:end romantic relationship with someone
11.speaking up:introduce topic that is related to another person
12.and now for something completely different:change a topic of conversation
13.shedding those pounds:lose weight
14.anyway:talk about something different
15.cut out: to stop using it
16.my sentiments exactly:agree completely with another person

The episode is useful to me. It let me know what kind of topic is rude in conversation and learning polite methods. The speaker talks slowly,let me easier know what does he say. ESL Podcast is a good website.Thanks teacher introduces this useful website,to learning English. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice notes, Emily. Sure, I'll introduce more websites. Just wait and see. :-)

    ReplyDelete